The Alliance Executive Committee (AEC) has approved a one-time National Young Worker Forum to be held in Ottawa from December 7-9.
This forum is an opportunity for a limited number of young workers (age 35 or under) to participate in a dynamic weekend of networking and planning for the 2019-2021 cycle. The goal is to see many robust regional young worker committees thriving and younger PSAC members using these committees to plug into their union.
The objectives of the Forum are to:
- Discuss, strategize and plan to grow strong and vibrant regional young worker committees
- Network and share experiences and successes
Identify ways in which young workers can engage in PSAC issues and campaigns in the next cycle
- Build a network the supports young worker initiatives across the country
- Identify tools and resources that will ensure success
- Engage in workshops that challenge and inspire
If you are 35 or under and this sounds like something you would like to participate in, the application form can be found on the PSAC website and the deadline to apply is October 26, 2018.