Mar. 16, 2020
GSU and PSAC have been monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation closely. PSPC, Shared Services and the Mint provided guidelines to its employees. GSU encourages all members to follow the guidelines and take the necessary measures to counter the effects of COVID-19.
Despite the World Health Organization assessment of the COVID-19 as a pandemic, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is still advising that the public health risk associated with this virus for Canada is low. That being said, they recommend, that individuals take the following steps to help reduce the risk of infection or spreading the infection to other:
- wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water, or use hand sanitizer (i.e. an alcohol-based hand-rub);
- cough and sneeze in your arm or sleeve, not your hand;
- keep common surfaces and items clean;
- seek medical care if you have flu-like symptoms; and
- check Public Health website for more information.
Depending on where you live in Canada, specific directives might have been release by your provincial government, and you should follow those directives.
For the latest information on this issue we would suggest you refer to the Government of Canada’s coronavirus disease (COVID-19) website.
GSU and PSAC will continue to monitor this situation and provide updates as they become available. Please go to http://psacunion.ca/ for the latest updates.